We know you will love your piece so much that you won’t want to take it off but please take time to read our care recommendations so the love affair with your jewellery can last forever.
Our pieces are designed to look impactful but are delicate so when wearing a TLAJ piece, please avoid knocking and placing excessive pressure on your piece. Although diamonds are one of the hardest natural materials they can still be damaged or chipped. Precious gemstones have varying levels of hardness so as a rule of thumb, should be worn with care as they too can be broken and/or chipped. While gold is more malleable or ‘softer’ than other metals like platinum, all metals can scratch easily and require similar care protocol. If the stone in your ring has a prong setting, please pay special attention as prongs can snag or bend on garments.
Contact with chemicals and extreme temperatures can damage gemstones and affect precious metal so we recommend removing jewellery beforehand.
Here are some simple ways you can easily care for your fine jewels:
- Avoid exposing your piece to perfumes, makeup and hairspray as these chemicals can damage or dull gemstones, pearls and gold.
- Avoid wearing your jewellery when coming into contact with household cleaning products as these can affect gemstones, pearls and gold.
- Housework such as cooking and cleaning and impact tasks such as gym and manual labour, can expose your piece to regular knocks so please be mindful when wearing your piece.
- Remove your piece before swimming or entering a spa as prolonged chlorine exposure can affect some gemstones,as does extreme high temperatures
- As our pieces are delicate, try to keep dangling pieces such as chains and hoop earrings away from small children’s hands. A sudden harsh tug on a piece may cause breakage or an injury.
- As a general rule of thumb, even if a piece is comfortable to wear, we always recommend removing your jewellery before sleeping.
- Store your fine jewellery in a soft pouch or box away from other pieces to avoid scratching.
We recommend having your jewellery (especially frequently worn rings with diamonds/gemstones) checked at a minimum of every 6-12 months by a reputable jeweller.
CLEANING YOUR PIECE
We recommend regularly cleaning your piece as with wear, gemstones and diamonds will naturally accrue residue under the stones which can make them appear dull. It’s completely normal for jewellery to get grimy from the oils from our skin, hand cream, dust, parenting and so on.
To clean your piece at home, place warm water with a teaspoon equivalent of dishwashing detergent into a small bowl. Immerse your piece into the soapy water and using an old toothbrush, gently brush the top, underside and setting on your piece. Place a plug into a sink before you wash the piece under clear fresh running water. Pat piece dry with a cotton jewellery cloth or quality paper towel.